Insulate more thanks to the new WF-7 size
The new WF-7 size is the slim little brother of the classic waal size 50. The measurements are approximately 210 x 70 x 50 mm. This means the WF-7 is 3 cm narrower than the standard size, which offers many benefits in the area of insulation, optimum space efficiency, ecology and renovation options.
-3 cm additional space for insulation
-3 cm more potential living space
-interesting renovation options: 3 cm less protrusion is a relevant difference on your building permit.
Choosing the WF-7 size is also a more ecological choice. Fewer raw materials are required and there is also less energy loss during production. The new size takes up less space during transport and is also a lot lighter in weight. This means lower transport costs.
Tips for laying WF-7 size bricks
- Always use high-quality mortar with sufficient adhesion. The mortar bed is narrower.
- Provide sufficient wall anchors to securely connect the inner and outer leaf.
- For some bonds such as a stretcher bond, you need to cut the bricks to size. The narrower heads can cause a change in the head-stretcher face ratio.
- For standard joints, do not scrape away any more of the excess mortar than strictly necessary.
- Adjust lintels, wall supports, profiles, reinforcement ... in the width because of the slimmer size.
Do you have any questions about the use of these or any other facing bricks in our range? Please do not hesitate to contact us. We will send you a clear answer as quickly as possible.